Thursday, July 22, 2004

Bleahh and Bleaahh Again!

With the anaestheasia wearing off and the numbness setting in, I gave the cab driver directions to head for 'Katong church' as I left the Dentistry faculty after my dental appointment there. The words came out in slobbering tones and saliva almost flew out from my mouth as I tried to articulate the message. Still, we reached our destination with not much mishap...

Listening is certainly an art and the cabdriver was patient and certainly understanding with my predicament. Getting the message across is another activity that needs to be clear, concise and correct in order to get the desired effect.

I had a phone call this morning at 8.00 a.m. I had just got up then and was still a little groggy. It was a request to go to Changi hospital to see a patient there in the ICU ward. Took down all the details of the ward and bed location, patient's name. The caller insist that I can go down as there would be at least one family member there and that the nurse on duty had assured them that they will allow the priest to enter. However, the caller forgot to leave behind a contact number in case of referral, and I forgot to ask. Rushed down to the ward but found everything to the contrary. No one family member was there and that I was told by the nurse-in-charge through the intercom that I cannot come in except during visiting hours. Bleaahh!

Made arrangements,
through our office, for another priest to go instead and rushed off for my dental appointment. Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902) said that "Life is an art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises". In my case it was probably the other way around...

3 comments:

*s*haron said...

Fr Aloy, has the anaesthesia worn off completely? I need a good laugh badly... :P

*s*haron said...

Mr Samuel Butler, is your statement priori justified or posteriori justified?

Anonymous said...

He ASKED for the PAIN.